Sunday, September 24, 2017

You Are In All My Dreams


.......still laying in bed, wondering who would be calling at this ungodly hour well before 2 in the afternoon.......I let it ring
.....then up and pajama'd wandering around the house thinking I could find something good....found my way into my study/library and...I started writing. When I went to save the file, I wanted to add it to my other ramblings of a novel, but couldn't remember the name, got out of my chair stood up and opened the old oak file cabinet to see if I had those files. I didn't but I had her letters...the many she wrote from Sussex, England and sent to me in Koforidua, Ghana ..............I stood transfixed, took out a random envelope dated 27th April, 1971, and starting reading..........

As my eyes took in the words I felt as if I was being resuscitated.......each word compressing my chest to move my blood, each sentence pushing air into my lungs..........and her words of longing to be with me brought me back to life, a heavy melancholic yet inspired sweet form of wanting to be alive again...........

No comments:

Post a Comment