Monday, February 12, 2018

Gone All The More Loved


POWERFULLY, 3 events came together this weekend. The first was a growing deep appreciation of others' short term reuniting w loved ones. I have watched some of my companions - who have become closer friends in the last few months - pick up their young children from day care. The moment of child-parent getting back together, even after only a few hours was vibant elation, wondrously full of joy, cheer, comfort, and no small amount of nostalgia.
The second thing that happened was the news of special friend's death. By "special" I mean someone with whom I worked, over a quarter of a century........ in the milieu of the Agony and Ecstasy of Birthing. .... side by side in blood sweat tears and the first sounds of newborn babies.
The third development was a friend in need. I was honored to minister with unconditional support - the kind of true caring that no matter how much I gave, I got more back.
Perhaps because Lorna, my friend who passed away, worked with me where my daughter was born, her loss may have combined w the loss of my daughter's childhood by the natural passage of time and transition into adulthoold......[that "Little Girl Who Loved Her Father" unconditionally with unrestrained adoration has grown up ............and is no more] as well as with the loving energy of compassionate parents picking up their children from child care.
And out of these three PRIMORDIAL ELEMENTS OF THE SOUL OCCURRENCES came the inspiration to write this piece: I REMEMBER. This in honor of all my friends who love me so caringly, and love others so fervently.........and unconditionally make this good world better. Thank you........Danielle, Sarah, Bertha, Fufu, Arrington, Lexy, Katie, Sam, Johanna, and Alicia............. - - - - - -
I REMEMBER.................It was a Winter's Day......... I had been at work, having left her at child care in the morning before it was even light. With my shift now over, I sprung off the Maternity Unit. Having exchanged scrubs for a thick soft buffalo plaid flannel shirt and jeans, I drove out of the hospital's parking garage. The last, long rays of light had just started illuminating the Fremont Bridge; a double decked towering golden path to my daughter. The streets of Portland Oregon rarely saw snow or ice. The only thing slowing me down was the commute's ever increasing number of cars. Vehicles peopled by those wanting to again hold loved ones in their arms, just like me. We streamed across the Willamette River on the long green-golden high arched steel overpass. As majestic as the sunset river crossing was, so too, was my Father's bliss as I descended off the ramps into North Portland. Within minutes I was ascendent again, but this time in soul. As soon as I stepped into the Child Care house, she knew it. I found her immediately. Over the span of 2 playrooms width, our eyes locked. With outside's now full darkness cover, she alone now provided light. Millions of lines of poetry could never begin to describe those seconds in which the joy of her recognizing me radiated from her eyes. That trance only broken ~ as would be of an angel ~ a running child's voice saying......DADDY!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Health peace love friendship forgiveness mercy kindness beauty joy enthusiasm child-like-glee harmony to/for all each as is "^-"^ blank now and always........... dziękuję, gracias, 谢谢, ringrazio hanno, है धन्यवाद, remercier avoir, thank you, أشكر ديك ... A wonderful world ...... un monde merveilleux .... एक अद्भुत दुनिया .......... un mundo maravilloso ....... עולם מופלא ..... Harika bir dünya ...... 一个 美好 的 世界.. له من عالم رائع .. Peace and Health ...... Paix et santé .... ..शांति और स्वास्थ्य .... Paz y salud ..... שלום ובריאות .... 和平 与 健康 ... السلام والصحة... "^ -" ^ CZat..



No comments:

Post a Comment