Sunday, February 28, 2010

I think, I do.....I think


By outre' grace I have managed, at least up to now, to keep my fascination with the point where every bit of energy in the universe exists, balanced with the activities of every day living.
Having enjoyed an American meal of ________ descent by putting one's metaphysics where one's mouth is – the question presents itself: How does the average person put their metaphysics where their reality is?
Personally, I draw on my classic education when the question constantly arises. Father Kent, at Weber high school, actually provided a formula for living the well balanced life.
Father Peters, a professor at St Procopius college, told of the commonality we all share in this regard. He referred to the example of Albert Einstein and Charles Richter. So involved in discussing the theory of earthquakes, while walking through the Cal tech campus, the pair were oblivious to an earthquake occurring underfoot.
So for one renewable energy resource, in our three dimensional universe, I go with conviction for the locale where aplomb, adventure, and absurdity intersect.
Of course, there are shadowy events in life that contribute to the harmony of health and the life well mirthed.
D r I f t
time: unknown

My mind's memory was an efficient librarian fetching stored prints depicting
Chiaroscuro in the frescoes of the Italian High Renaissance.
...............

The repeating word “Correggio”, “Correggio”… hauntingly filled the air......…………….

Books, books............... all around...........I was sitting in the sun on 23rd street in Portland, Oregon.................

or maybe it was Erat Kilo in Addis Ababa – book vendors, people, milling about.

I went to check out a place that specialized in the works of St Hyacinth and the Vatican. Just before I was leaving with my find, an official had me sign a statement ( that they would copy and email to me) certifying that I had a very old book – one with no available rated value because it was so old. I took it and left. As I was descending the store's huge marble steps, I saw a child of five or six that looked very much like the student nurse, Samantha, I was with that afternoon. My companion was out of sight. The youngster was alone, and partially covered with spaghetti. I came over to her to see if everything was okay, but in doing so left the old book behind by a tree. Gathering up some napkins on my way, I saw the little one's parents approaching – they seemed somehow familiar. My friend returned. The child's parents were grateful for my concern, thanked us both and departed.........but in their departure, and the arrival of my companion, there was a blur of energy – something like heat.
I went to find the old bk, and it was gone..........the tree replaced by little stalls of wares rich with the aroma of kabobs cooking over open fires. I wasn't sure which was more intriguing - the sudden appearance of the kiosks or the specter of those parents I had just left as a couple meeting, marrying, and birthing that very child some years into the future. My thoughts on this curious series of events were teased away from logic by the scents of the market and the sound of people echoing each other with a hypnotic chorus of “he must have lost a book.”
So.......
....to be continued...................

Join Captain Flip Side in his true life adventures every Sunday!

Happy daze,

The Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment