Saturday, March 20, 2010


Reading for March 21, 2010

Intoxicated from unrestrained yellow, I seeped into a sublime state where governance forbade such inquiries as: “How secure is the mango tree's hold on the bluff?” - “What is the distance from the jutting limb to the ground below?" - and, “What was it they said in training about fatal reactions relating to mangoes .....oh, what was it?...the leaves, the sap, the fruit itself?.........or was it only near-fatal reactions?”

View #1 is a quick sketch of what might be a view of where I sat in the mango tree, out over the cliff above the land stretching to Accra, Ghana.

........okay, its my first illustration as a published author ~*~ so here's View #2: a picture of me pointing to the spot........circa 1970



For View # 3. I'm going out on a limb to sketch what I remember of the view from the roost itself.



In that state of seepage, the vibrancy of the mango's color was a doorway to the mulch-dimensional space of nature. I haven't been the same since. A commune perfect with all that exists independently of human activities was made. To re-tool a great point made by one who traveled by tornado which dropped a house on the sister of one of my exes. I wasn't in Illinois, anymore.


But, in that Aburi outcrop, it was neither peril of deadly allergen, nor fatal fall, that presented an intimate threat experience. Mortal danger would, however, face me before the sun set on the African plains below.
.........to be continued...........

Join Captain Flip Side every Sunday in his true life adventures...........
happy daze,

the Captain


No comments:

Post a Comment