Saturday, May 8, 2010

Brain Stem Center Stage

Reading for May 9, 2010


My students, having run through the campus and into town telling everyone that Mr. Hank looked a Black Cobra in the eye, I sauntered back home, the raining tree placing a dollop of water on my face.  I reflected on the day that had given so much.  

The caw and mirror conjunctly played on brain stage. 

My memory set upon that moment of dual leakings, and I could not but laugh of awe.  Snakes and sunlight overflowing from places God and someone had gone beyond.  I recalled that moment at the base of the escarpment when I hit the brakes on the motorcycle and shot a quick picture of the leaking sky.  
I decided I would take inspiration.
View #5 is the ~ Un-Retouched ~  picture 

View #5
 But is this a leak in the sky or a leak in the camera?  In either case, I was inspired to learn about snakes from the snakes themselves.    
One point to ponder though, is that if light leaks come in parallel to the spindle whereon the film is wound (as this is, especially when the camera tilt is taken into account per seawall and structure lines) the over-exposed beam lines diverge.  In this picture, in both cases of light leak source {~* top and bottom *~} the lines converge. See view #6 for superimposed divergent beam and green axis rotation to level camera tilt orientation for bottom camera source -
View #6

View #7 is picture w arrows to show convergence where there should be divergence:

View #7

View #8 is the case if the camera light leak were to have come from the top of the camera.
View #8
So it was then, in lands of the Akwapim, Akyem, Kwahu, Krobo and Guans...........that I set off to meet and greet the snakes...........or was it in Logan Square?................. to be continued.........


Join Captain Flip Side every Sunday in his true life Adventures

Happy Daze,

the Captain

No comments:

Post a Comment