Friday, January 9, 2015

Age Grace


I am so awesomely happy and grateful!! This morning I came to the most wonderful awareness.........I understand and feel the gift of being my 68 years. The challenges of aging.......... its trials, perils.......... its unrelenting attack on youth are resolved in the harmony of the increasing memories of the past with the energy from love joy peace beauty and art of friendship newly becoming in the present. This balance of jubilance I offer to all who wish.


..............Such this morning's brunch of Brie, Blackberries, Almonds, and Rye Bread after my love touched me................................ stir sweetly up the reverie of a childhood day :

................unborn hearts in prepubescence womb being held so delicately..................... my six year old body knows not even I had traveled the 40 feet down Chicago's Lawndale Avenue ......from my brick apartment house to her back yard..... nor is it sensing time as I brush the long dark hair of eleven year old Roberta................her father had mowed the small early summer lawn and her mother watches Roberta and me from the second floor wooden porch as mid afternoon allows enough sun through the tenements to hallow blanket on ground .............. in warm days glow I whisk Roberta's hair innocently from the top of her head in eternal embrace with purity to the small of her back on blanket upon which she sits crossed legged back to me gazing up at parent................her hair drying in balmy air as I brush again seeing her mother's face soften angelically as her daughter's hair glistens under my boy-child hands in air perfumed with tender age touching angels fully being in heaven to this breath I take in my sixty-eighth year upon this same good earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment