Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Impossible Love in The Soul We all Share


I thought I was holding your hand
but you were holding mine
beginning to end our fingers entwined
somehow, no matter how far apart we were/are
we never let go of each other
we take turns guiding, ministering-to, helping each other
now I begin to understand/yield-to/resonate my Being In Time
I must tell you this, my bright young star...........
I cannot stop, I must move on........
I may pause ever so slightly....but must keep going
for that is how I am being.........
the growing/going through time space
and all other interactions/connections not yet understood....
we all grow farther from each other
to hold another close and tight does most
yet inevitably we all must part from each other...........
......................or shall I stop anyway???
shall I chance the moment to stay
will it allow me to view that I would have if I kept ascending
albeit the ascension be my existence/destiny
only you make me consider stopping
stopping to be with/of/for you
you that is also moving living ascending.............
........and so much faster...........
I could have grace/joy with you for a moment
all but vanished before I know you are gone
this is my constant struggle challenge
tethering me to this mortal moment
for but to know enigmatic quiddity .. what where is our love
how in passing we may light the way
nourish give-rest-to shelter our fellow travelers
or go about with them in some closeness joy beneficence
soul nurturing that of which we are still unsure ............searching,,,,,,,,,
in wait---pursuit ..... ascendancy---descent ..... harmony---conflict
..... love---hate .... doubt---faith .... birth---death
certainty only in my conscious decision to bless you

with whatever thriving or waning life there is in my soul................




AUTHOR'S NOTE:
The poem is about the human condition of impossible love - whether "Un amour impossible" exists because its unrequited; barred by social, cultural, religious norms; or nature. This specific opus speaks to the struggling soul of a seventy year old man as he comes to resolve his crush on a young woman several decades younger than he. Life's precious times in blissful love being the Grace and Sanctifying substance of existence; and now single; he becomes torn between taking the generally accepted "path" of growing old; and "stopping" to experience a moment or two in rapturous throes which occur as the young woman spends time with him after he confesses his crush. The fragile relationship inflames his heart with love at the same time it lays a gauntlet of realities as the young woman goes through boyfriends who are not only her age, but talented, attractive, and, well...... perfect. During a physically platonic, spiritually intimate time together, the two of them discover a transcendent force between them which blurs the relationship's lines as the beauty of their two souls illuminates the raison d'etre they both share - joy and peace of life on earth for all upon this good earth. They existed to love, teach, aid, soothe, relieve pain, and promote harmony among peoples.
And so he arrives at a dynamic passionate peace, his soul nurtured.............................. he loves her however he can.





No comments:

Post a Comment