Saturday, April 24, 2010

Then......Our Eyes Met...........

Reading for April 25, 2010


...............festive singing of my family name: Karwowski........the wow was melodiously lifted to song for several seconds.   As it hung in the air, my students charged it pure joy. It was this gleeful electricity into which I entered.................completely unaware how close I was to what had killed many before me.

I led the way with élan , yet followed ^~~^ captured......... and.... enclouded ~~^~^ ......  

Two worlds had reached collision speed and were about to vie for a spot in the universe that would allow but one - the contest was seconds away, as I stood in front of the fifty gallon oil drum.  The great black metal cylinder then became crowned, with a semi-circle of  the entire student body.

Upon the top of the drum was a single sheet of loose-leaf paper.

The opening move in prime forested  combat-drama had been made.   Socio-cultural mind sets jostled for position on the multi-dimensional stage as potent neuro toxins seethed, conditioned behavior urged pause, insouciant naivete' blasted forward, and the ridiculous ridiculorum called for a quorum.

The four words on the loose leaf paper read:..................

............... SNAKE FOR MR HANK

The clash was of epic proportions.

The students'  life-or-death training for instantaneous response, at bay while the drum's cover was securely wedged shut, vaporized with my my casual pull-toss of the protective top.  Incalculable ignorance stoking flaming illusions of invincibility, I jack-knifed the upper half of my body right into the drum.    With the weight of my brain helping propel my skull towards the serpent, I said in a loud voice: "....oh. its a back-fanged tree snake....".   I thus continued the discourse as knowledge welled up from  my recent studies at the Guide..............."it is non-poisonous, and uses a sawing  motion with its head to cut through its prey....".  My discourse finished, I lifted myself and the reptile out of the barrel to witness what remained after the big one had been dropped.  .................everything gone................total annihilation.
I was shocked to see nothing.... not one student was in sight.........yet, that nothing was less than nothing compared to what happened next.


Our eyes met.  

We were locked into  each other.  It was freak at first sight.  Well shit, every image I ever saw, without exception, had the cobra pictured with it hood extended.  Nonetheless, the creature with whom I was locked in gaze with, popped a hood from the side of it neck.  So whether it was a King Cobra, Black Cobra, or Egyptian Cobra ~~~^^~~~ didn't matter *#%#$!*^ ..... the fact was:  it was not a harmless back fanged tree snake, but a friggin' Cobra...................and............

to be continued...............

Join Captain Flip Side every Sunday in his true life adventures

Happy Daze,


Captain Flip Side


with a special smile for Bug girl ~~ Steph

No comments:

Post a Comment