Thursday, April 1, 2010

Primal netcom


FOR APRIL 4, 2010

.......no longer would I delay. I had delighted in fancies of the land of milk and honey and had my fill for now. Being an Earthling of American of Polish descent, my first language was English, so to expedite my education on the animals who would be showing up at my zoo, I headed for the library in the United States Information Service building.

But first, I had to snag a Sovexportfilm flier.

VIEW # 4

Having returned to the tracks I had derailed myself from, I shot right to the mother lode.

I could not believe my luck. I had in my very hands ~ the source of all knowledge in the world that had anything to do with the animal I expected. You see, the other teachers at school, upon learning that I had approved a zoo as my class's choice for the year's science project, were kind enough to point out one stunning statistic.  Our school was located in the middle of Sub-Saharan Africa's greatest concentration of snakes.  The Dell Golden Guide Book in my very hands was all about snakes.
Well, a  lot of the book was about snakes.......and venomous reptiles and such.
Anyway, I flipped through the picture filled book, managed to read a good deal of the words and phrases ~ as well as several complete sentences {not diagnosed with ADD until some 4 decades later} and amply stuffed my mind with herpetology acumen.

............to be continued.....

Join Captain Flip Side every Sunday in his true life adventures

Happy Daze,
the Captain

.......... written with a special heartbeat to Caroline



No comments:

Post a Comment